Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Teaching Overseas Can Make Accessing News and Events From Home Difficult...

NO MORE!!


When you're teaching overseas you do not need to be cut off from news and events at home. Provided your favourite sources have websites you can get access. But there's a new technology that you should be looking for that will have the news delivered to you whenever the website is updated.

This is an RSS feed. You subscribe to a website (and it's usually free) and then when the content is changed you are sent the new information automatically.

While I knew what RSS was, I hadn't figured out how to actually use it to my benefit... so I went looking...

Here's what I found! It's called 'RSS Feeds in Plain English' and boy, does it deliver. Watch this video and you'll know exactly what you need to do to get news and events sent to you. It's a two step process that they walk you through, so it's easy!

No comments: