Monday, March 3, 2008

Teaching Overseas - What to take...

Securing your teaching job overseas is the first step in your journey. Next comes the packing and moving part. The logistics of moving abroad are particular to where you are moving from and where you are moving to but there are some things you need to decide regardless of these specifics.

One of the things you need to do is check the climate where you are going and make decisions about what clothing you are going to take and what you are going to leave behind.

People laughed at me when I brought all my winter clothing to Bangkok, but I can tell you they aren't laughing now. I've been lending out items of my winter wardrobe fairly consistently to people who left all of their stuff in storage.

You don't need to take a bunch of 'out of climate' clothes with you, but it's a good idea to take a selection because you will be travelling for both pleasure and for professional development and you may well end up in countries where the climate is different to the area you're moving to.

No comments: