Wednesday, May 9, 2007

FAQ - Where can I teach overseas?

Ever since I wrote my book The Complete Guide to Securing a Job at an International School I’ve been inundated with questions about teaching overseas. I’ve selected the most frequently asked ones to answer for you here…

1. Where can I teach overseas? How can I find vacancies?

There are over 4000 international schools of varying sizes worldwide and all of them need teachers. So the answer to the first question is… just about anywhere!

One way you can find out whether there’s an international school where you’d like to work is to ‘Google it’. I simply typed in ‘international school Bangkok” and up popped a whole page of listings.

Of course this isn’t the way to go about landing your new teaching job abroad, but you can certainly check out how many schools are available in the destinations you’re interested in.

Teaching overseas is an awesome opportunity to restore your enthusiasm for education. You can find overseas teaching vacancies online for free. Knowing how to make the best use of those vacancy postings in order to maximise your chance of securing a coveted overseast teaching job? Well, that's where my expertise lie... I've refined my strategy into the one-stop, all-you'll-ever-need, international teaching guide.

Where can I teach overseas?

No comments: