Monday, February 26, 2007

Do you know what you're doing this summer vacation?

I know it's only February, but I am nearly finished planning my summer vacation. Why? Because I'm in the middle of an overseas teaching contract where annual flights are included in the employment benefits. This means, sorting my flights out as early as possible so that I can get the maximum travel I can for my flight allowance.

I am off to Romania to hang out with a couple of American teachers I met when we were all working just outside of London, England. One of them is teaching at an international school in Bucharest. As I didn't make it out to see her when she was in the United Arab Emirates, I thought I'd make an effort to get out to see her this year.

And one of the best things about this vacation is that my flight allowance from my school will get me all the way to Europe and I will just need to buy some internal flights once we know for sure where we are going. We are thinking maybe somewhere along the coast of the Adriatic.

And we'll be spending some time in Romania, so I can check it out as a possible teaching destination in the future...

No comments: