Tuesday, February 6, 2007

International Footballers in Your Midst

It's crazy the things I'm finding out about my colleagues as I interview them for my new product, Overseas Teachers Talk.

This morning I interviewed the Vice Principal in Charge of Curriculm and discovered that he played in the football (soccer) world cup. He played for the Bahamas team for which he was selected when he was teaching in the Bahamas.

How crazy is that?

Apparently he is also one of the players you can choose in a FIFA Playstation game, because he's registered with FIFA as an international football player.

Do you think he'd have been selected to play for England, if he'd remained teaching in the UK? Probably not, he might be an awesome footballer, but is he in Beckham's league?

In my mind, this is a prime example of how teaching overseas can open up completely new and surprising opportunities for international teachers. NOT just in education.

What opportunities could be out there awaiting you? Don't hesitate, get out there and start applying to International Schools today!

No comments: