Sunday, February 18, 2007

Nothing about Teaching - All About Being Overseas

I know I've been a bit silent over the last week, it's because I've been on holiday.

This week I've had a friend from England over to visit me and we've been catching up and exploring Thailand. My friend, Sue, came to see me last February break and this February break and has already put dibs on next February break too!

In fact, she's hoping my next move will be to a school right next to a skiing mountain because she wants to learn how to ski! I am quite keen on that idea because I'm an avid skiier myself.

Me and my finished umbrellaSo, this week we've visited a mountainside temple, completed a Thai cooking course, painted bamboo and paper umbrellas and ridden an elephant.

I think the highlight of the week was attending the NZ Ball, an annual event here in Bangkok. A few of the Kiwi teachers and one of my students took part in a traditional maori welcome. It's always stunning to see your students step up and do a great job.

One of the pleasures of teaching abroad is that I have so many opportunities to do exciting stuff, and I can afford it too.

No comments: