Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Handiest Little Gadget Everyone Should Have!

I want to apologise for being selfish and not sharing this little gadget with you before... I have no excuse as I use it everytime I'm on the internet and would find my internet activities difficult without it. "What are you talking about?" you say...

I'm talking about Roboform2Go, a little piece of software that encrypts and stores all your passwords for you. Then when you need to log in to your email, your Amazon account, your Ebay account, or your internet banking account (remember when you secure your teaching position abroad, you'll need to use the internet to maintain your banking relationships at home), you just click on the Roboform2Go button in your toolbar and 'wah-lah'!

Did you know that unscrupulous people can 'look' at your computer and 'see' what letters you type on your keyboard? This means that when you are at home, on your own computer, you can still get hacked and lose your personal information!

PLEASE don't let this happen to you! Roboform2Go stores all of your passwords using encryption (which means it's almost impossible for anyone to get the information out, certainly your average Joe can't do it) and when you log in to websites, you can enter just one password via an onscreen keyboard that you click with your mouse. How cool is that? You don't even interact with the Roboform2Go with your keyboard. Completely protecting yourself from 'key loggers'.

I refer to my Roboform2Go as my RoboCop!

Roboform2Go is very inexpensive and you can get a fully operational version free at the website. The free version isn't a trial version, you can use it for as long as you like! The only difference between the free version and the one I bought is the number of passwords you can store on it. I have an unlimited number and the free version has around 10, I think. I started with the free version and upgraded when my internet activities forced it on me!

My Roboform2Go does actually go with me. I have the version that you install on a USB drive. You don't need a large drive for this, 64mb will be sufficient. I can use my Roboform2Go on any computer that has a USB slot. That means when I travel, I can use it to protect my personal information in internet cafes and hotels.

Seriously, you need this! You should go and download the free version right now! Protect yourself from hackers and other predators on the internet.

No comments: