Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Something Peculiar about this Time of Year at an International School...

I feel like a vulture picking over the bones of my colleagues.

Pretty raw picture, I know, and it's not stopping me from buying up all of my colleagues stuff!

This is the time of year when teachers who are moving onto a new international school are looking at selling off the stuff they don't want to take with them. I have managed to score a new rattan bookshelf. I'm really quite excited as I was thinking of going and buying a new one... but one of my colleagues is selling one! Cheap too!

Last year I treated myself to a water cooler which I love! I used to keep a water jug in the fridge, but when you're living in 34 degrees C, I tell you a water cooler is a must.

When you've secured your teaching contract overseas, you might want to ask to have your email address put on the school circulation list. Then you can see if there is anything the leaving teachers are selling that might suit you. The year I came here, I was sent this kind of information and could have furnished a whole apartment out of the stuff being sold.

You might not be into second-hand stuff, I'm a little wary of it myself, but some of the stuff being sold is of great quality! And only used for 2 or 3 years!

Teaching Overseas

No comments: